As with most supplements, deer antler velvet is a popular product used by bodybuilders and heavy weight lifters. Bodybuilders have a larger tendency than the general population to gravitate to muscle building supplements, and deer antler velvet can be a great match for those looking to support their muscle building workouts. Results can vary by individual.
How does deer antler velvet benefit bodybuilders?
To fully understand how deer antler velvet can help bodybuilders develop lean muscle mass, it's important to understand how bodybuilding works. We won't get into the full details of every chemical reaction that takes place in building muscle mass, but the process involves breaking down the muscle by lifting heavy weight for low repetitions, and then building muscle back up during rest. Both the breaking down and building up phase are equally important. This is why it's a huge mistake when some bodybuilders overtrain.
Deer antler velvet can benefit bodybuilders in both the weight lifting and the repair (rest) period of anabolism.
While protein is an obvious one, which we are big fans of, you could argue that protein supplementation is not as necessary because protein levels can be maintained by eating a high protein meal. Feel free to bash me in the comments for speaking negatively about the most treasured bodybuilding supplement, but it's somewhat true.
Antler velvet liquid drops support lean muscle gain in both the exercise and rest period of anabolism.
Antler Velvet helps Bodybuilders during workouts
Taking deer antler velvet in the morning, or at some point at least 40 minutes before your weight lifting routine gives you an edge during your workout for the following reasons.
- Deer velvet contains lipids which build cells and boost energy. This increase in energy can help you to lift more and get in that extra rep at the end of your set.
- Many sources support that Deer antler velvet increases muscle endurance levels
- It contains a calcium source which helps improve muscle contraction
- Pure form deer antler velvet also contains Monoamine-oxidase inhibitors, which can be vital in making sure a bodybuilder makes it to the gym as it is a mood enhancers. Bad moods sometimes lead to skipping the gym.
Taking deer antler velvet post-workout, helps bodybuilders repair muscles in the following ways.
- Antler velvet contains growth factors which support in cell development
- DAV helps weight lifters by potentially supporting muscle tissues
- Deer antler velvet contains magnesium, which helps to restore energy after a workout
- Pure Velvet also contains all amino acids, which are the essential building blocks of protein - which is a bodybuilder favorite.
We'd love to hear your opinions on deer antler velvet for bodybuilding and whether you've found it helpful for building muscle mass. Please comment below.